Friday, February 12, 2010

Come Fly With Me

Lately, I have become fascinated by the Vintaj line of brass jewelry findings and design pieces.  I really love the nature designs and the filigree pieces.  This design I had put together before Christmas, didn't like how it looked and set it aside.  When I started beading again a couple weeks ago, I took it apart and restyled it.  I used some antique brass colored wire, dark, coppery colored freshwater pearl for the bird egg, and some bits of wire lace for the leaves.  I had gotten all three in a lovely destash goody bag from MyElements on Etsy, and wove the nest just by winding the wire around and over and under until it looked like a bird nest.  I wired in the "egg" and tied the wire lace and cut and frayed it.  I really love how it turned out, and had lots of compliments on it.  It looks lovely on the necklace display at Graham Gallery too!  I am taking a class in Silversmithing on Saturday in Omaha, in hopes of branching out my jewelry making.  I am a bit tired of "stringing" beads for jewelry and suffering a bit of burnout.  Just want to learn something new, and incorporate some of that into what I do.  I really love the stamped pendants and would love to get into adding that to what we do with the bead making and jewelry.

No comments:

Popular Posts