Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ok, So I Haven't Posted Lately...

I have been busy. Time flies by, and it is two weeks since your last blog post! Chris and I are working hard to get ready for the Christmas Showcase at Graham Gallery. There have been more little monsters made, beads for beaded ornaments, a gorgeous set of creamy ivory beads that were strung with medium emerald Swarovski crystals, mushrooms, and focals on Chris's end of the jewelry design business. From me there is a right angle weave coppery pearl bracelet, 3 necklaces (one copper large link chain with a leaf pendant Chris made an lots of dangles, a double strand light coppery Czech fire polish with a large heart pendant, and a seed bead necklace with beaded beads and a millifiori donut that I seed beaded the bail for), a pretty gold with Caribbean Blue Opal Swarovki dangles and hearts swirled with gold and the same blue shade in a charm bracelet, earrings, and beaded ornaments and tiny fairies made from Swarovski crystals and Lucite butterfly wings from The Hole Bead Shoppe. Those are probably my favorite. One of those late night ideas that came to fruition! In other areas of our life, Mina did fabulous at her first Quiz Bowl competition~they won all four of their rounds! The Boys and Mina did an awesome job, I had a hard time sitting still and being quiet! I never knew that it was so difficult! Her competition was last week on Wednesday, and that day I also learned I had won a 32GB iPod Touch from the Nebraska Lottery (actually the grand prize and it came with a $15 iTunes gift card), a value of over $400!!!! That was a banner day! I got the iPod yesterday, and had fun playing with it last night, figuring out the controls, fighting the computer to put the music on it, and realizing how far behind I am in electronics knowledge! Of course, I usually feel I can hold my own with software, downloads and such, but wow this is something! I have been reading like crazy and beading, Chris and Mina went to help Chris's dad build a barn last Saturday, and I stayed home. I finished one book, and started another. I am reading an older series by Charlaine Harris. They are mysteries with the main character, Aurora "Roe" Teagarden, a sometime librarian, heiress, and generally nice gal, who stumbles into murder mystery trouble! Very easy reads and entertaining. Well, back to work! I will try one of these days to get pics up for you to gaze upon! We need to get pics of everything going to the Holiday Showcase at Graham Gallery, so I will post them here too. Oh, I forgot! We had our first Etsy sale 2 weeks ago! A gal from Red Cloud bought one of Chris's Halloween witches! Very exciting~and it only took us a year and a half to sell our first item! ;)

No comments:

Popular Posts