FusionBeads.com (one of my favorite beading sites). In March they are conducting a challenge. Read more about each day's challenge here and find the download calendar for the whole month here. They are also hosting a Pinterest contest which you can read about here.
Meanwhile, we are still busy prepping for Marble Crazy which occurs this week (Friday and Saturday, March 2 and 3) in Bonner Springs, Kansas. Chris is nearing his goal of 50 large marbles plus some really pretty new pendant style beads with Tierracast Bails. I have been busy rooting through his bead boxes creating jewelry with his products. Chris has also been busy making some really awesome chainmaille designs, teaching chainmaille to Girls Scouts for ArtVenture yesterday, and managing the chores in the house. I have also been trying to get the tax info finished up to get to our new tax guy, David Bierman, CPA. David and Stacy are friends as well as customers (their daughters, Keirnan and Justine always make me smile) and we are glad to give our business to them.
I will try to post some new pictures of items this week, but with all the packing and stuff we have to do, there is NO guarantee that will happen! Hope your week is a GREAT ONE!
Sunday, February 26, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Monday, February 13, 2012
link! We have spent the past few days prepping and wrapping our minds around doing a show in another state which we haven't done before. Here are some of the details we are dealing with:
- Tax id number for Kansas (and may I just say, their tax system is a nightmare).
- What about accepting credit cards? We have done so for the past year using Chris's cell to phone them in but it can take 3-10 minutes to submit the info depending on if you push the wrong button, and if we get busy that won't work. I signed up for Square this morning but that means I will have to upgrade my cell phone from the simple $25 per month (no texting, no internet, 40 minutes of air time) to an Android operating system. We can run it through one of our iPod Touches, but only if we have a wireless signal.
- Hotel reservations, directions/map for getting there, and arranging schedules to be off work/off school. Thankfully, Mina doesn't have school on that Friday of the show, but we will have to head down the day before to be able to set up for the show first thing on Friday morning (it is about a 5 hour drive from our house).
- Inventory, what to take, what to sell!
- Chris alternates between thrilled and nauseous! He is so excited to meet all the other marble makers and learn, but the demonstrating makes him a bit frightened (even though he demos at almost every show we do).
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Airplane clipart + BLIZZARD CONDITIONS = Leaving early for our Tucson Trip! We are heading to Omaha tomorrow in order to get ahead of...
Find this magazine here. In January, one of my internet friends, Pam, contacted me and our mutual friend Carla, with an idea. She had re...
Welcome to the Bead Soup Blog Party! Thank YOU to Lori Anderson, creator and hostess of the BSBP and congrats on her upcoming Bead Soup bo...
Photo courtesy of Moon Marble's Facebook page Here are the marbles that were made during demos at Marble Crazy last Friday and Satur...
The other day upon the stair I saw a man that wasn’t there. He wasn’t there again today, But gee I wish he’d go away. Because I co...