Here is a list of items we try to have at every show:
In a medium sized 3 drawer plastic box (called "the business box") we keep:
- ink pens, pencils, and Sharpies (fine and medium point)
- a polishing cloth for removing evil tarnish from jewelry that has spent time out of the show cases
- extra rubber earring bumpers (hate earrings falling off the display cards)
- business cards and beaded business card holders (we are continually amazed at the number of cards we go through each year)
- scissors, low tack painters tape, duct tape, Scotch tape
- blank cards for making quick product notes or price changes
- price labels (rhino barbell tags and small rectangular sticky tags)
- a notebook for recording sales and jotting down bead ideas or special orders
- laminated Nebraska Sales Tax cards for each of the different tax rates
- a calculator
- extra zippy bags
- headpins, silver seed beads, 4mm silver balls for making beads into pendants for necklaces
- tools for wire wrapping pendants
I also have a small edged tray that I sit on my lap for working up pendants, writing down sales, or wrapping up purchases.
I keep my cash box behind the table on a small table with the business box and with the cord/wrapping box. This way I control the clutter and keep it from the customer's view.
I tried to add pictures to this post, but Blogger was having issues (and I got frustrated fighting it) so I will continue the post on Wednesday. See you then!