Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Track Tuesday

Today is a track meet for Mina.  She is doing the 200m, 400m hurtles, and discus.  She is really loving track.  It is a lot of fun to watch her grow, to see her likes and dislikes, and to watch her form her opinions of the world (which she is not shy about sharing with you~I believe blunt has been used more than once to describe her)!  I am also working hard at staying "on track".  I have been struggling to keep up with the demands on my time, and most of the time I would just like to bury my head in a good book instead!  I actually completed my seed bead project at class on Saturday!  If you know me, I have a tendency to chat more than bead at my class, but this week I just got it!  Our project was a beaded bead segment to be used in whatever way you want.  I made one on Saturday, one on Sunday, and two last night!  I am working to get about nine made so I can make a necklace and earrings to sell at summer shows.  I also want to try and make a continuous one to make a bangle bracelet with.  I got up this morning at 6 am and made a bracelet for a gal that Chris rides to work with (a graduation gift).  I made a bunch of fun jewelry last week and have several things I would like to get made this week.  I am taking a class with Sherry Serafini on Saturday in Lincoln (brought to us by the Nebraska Bead Society).  That is a bit overwhelming (check out the link), I have never really done any cabachon work, so I am sure I will learn a lot. 

No comments:

Popular Posts