Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Yeah, Spring has FINALLY Sprung!

The weather in Lawrence, NE is sunny and clear, though cool. The winds have finally died down, and what seems like weeks of wind! Today's forecast: springtime! Working at service station that has a customer base of mostly farmers, you learn weather speak. We often comment that it is a good thing we live in Nebraska, "where if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and it will change" because otherwise there would be very little for us to talk about! I lose track of the number of times a day we discuss the weather with customers coming. Mina always comments that I can talk to anyone (and usually do), and I tell her it is easier to be friendly and talkative than surly and grumpy. I get the talkative characteristic from my father, and like my daughter, I remember rolling my eyes at him talking to everyone. But I find that a smile, a wave, or a simple hello can be a great pick-me-up for me as well as the person I am talking to. So, find your smile, and share it today! I can guarantee that someone else needs to see it, and you'll have a happier spring day for sharing it!

3 comments:

Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carla said...

The earlier removed comment was from me--and had so many typos I wasn't even sure what I said! :-)

Your ability to talk to people is a very special gift! I always enjoy watching you talk to people about your business--it gets them fired up about beaded jewelry and supporting your beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Thanks Carla! I had the typo problem on your blog this am, I misspelled your dog's name so I deleted too!

Popular Posts