Monday, October 8, 2007

Business Trip Recap...

We had a GREAT day Saturday in Lincoln buying beads at the Nebraska Bead Expo! So many beads...so little money! I was way underestimating the budget for beads! Anyway, it was wonderful to see all of our beading friends. Jodie Marshall (without and missing Aidan) had some gorgeous jewelry and lampwork, nice to see the blog work in person. Tanya MaGuire also had beautiful work, and I will get pics up of the lampwork I bought from Tanya, and the cabochons I bought from Jodie. I also found many lovely new colors of seed beads, enjoyed my visit to the A Dancing Rainbow (crystals only!) booth, and the Glass Garden booth. I bought some tiny lampwork duckies from the Glass Garden booth, some pretty seed bead mixes, tiny lampwork sets, and tiny triangle seed beads I had never seen before. The crystal booth was fabulous! I saw vintage crystals I had never seen before and the 2AB Fuchsia, Siam, and Turquoise crystals I bought are beautiful. I am always amazed at how much the coatings on the crystals change the colors. To top off the great day, there was a message waiting from Papio Creek Gems and Gifts when I got home, that I had won the strand of rubies they were giving away!! Chris and I were at the bead show for about 3 hours, after which we stopped at Drac's Place (a Halloween store) to get some items for our costumes for the costume party at Graham Gallery this weekend, had lunch at one of our favorite Lincoln places Grisanti's (Italian food~awesome calamari, salad with homemade Italian dressing, gooey garlic bread and tiramisu YUM!), a quick stop at Target and then on to Chris' Dad & Carol's place to get Mina. Since Grandpa and Granny babysat for us, we took them out to Runza for supper before coming home. Wow, I am exhausted just reading about it, and my feet still hurt from Saturday! Pictures soon!

2 comments:

Angie Leech said...

Sounds like an awesome time! I was really tempted to drive up for the day but didn't feel like making the trip by myself. I ended up getting to keep a friend's 5 week old baby overnight instead. That was a whole different kind of fun! Boy, there is a reason I had my babies young!

Unknown said...

Yes, they are sweet to cuddle, but you forget how much trouble they can be! We had a great time, and I would really like to meet you sometime. I am always amazed at how connected we bloggers can be, but it is nice to know who you are talking to!

Popular Posts