Thursday, April 5, 2012

Stephanie Recommends

It has been awhile since I did one of these posts (or any posts for that matter, SORRY!) so I thought would update you on some wonderful shops which I LOVE to shop at here on the internet.
UnkamenSupplies on Etsy:
On Edge Square Bronze and Stainless Steel Bracelet
 Ralph, Karen, and their family are fabulous to work with and they make top quality jump rings for chainmaille designs.  Their kits contain everything you need (and isn't this new design amazing?!) and they are above and beyond fabulous in the customer service department.  We have worked with them many times on many projects and we couldn't be happier.  There are plenty of places to buy supplies for chainmaille, but this is our favorite and first go-to spot to start.  Tell them we sent you!

ikandiclay on Etsy:

Mini Kaleidoscope Cane (Polymer Clay)
I came across the ikandiclay shop on Etsy last year when I was looking for small, pretty polymer beads to make earrings with.  Ivy (who lives in Omaha) makes gorgeous polymer beads and canes and what amazes me is that while the picture above shows you the beautiful details of her work, it is only part of the story.  This picture shows you the actual size and it is indeed MINI!
You can learn more about Ivy's beautiful work at her website ikandiclay.com and she also shows you how she makes her canes and how you should bake them to make them into pieces or beads.

Mimi's Gems 
I came across Mimi's when I was hunting for glue in Tierracast bails for Chris's new pendant beads he is making.  Then I fell in love with her prices, selection, and fantastic service!  She has a huge amount of Tierracast at some really awesome prices (and you can order the full package of the style).  She has a wide variety of Swarovski crystals in colors and styles I hadn't seen before too.  They are getting ready to move their store from California to Nevada (I think) so their shop will be closed for a month starting in May.  But these are some of the fabulous pieces I have purchased from them:

I have a weakness for LARGE Swarovski stones and rivoli.  Mimi's has some really cool colors of rivoli!  Stop by their website and check them out!
Good Quill Hunting and Bead Dreamers are a couple of seed bead pattern sources I have purchased from lately.  Good Quill Hunting owner and design artist Christina Neit has some really fun patterns, kits and finished jewelry.  I purchased this pattern from her:
and I made it using terra cotta and turquoise Tila beads resulting in a very Egyptian bracelet!  I added a Tierracast Ankh charm to complete the design.  Would love to show you, but can't find it at the moment to photograph it!
I met the gals behind Bead Dreamers last weekend at the Grand Island Bead Bazaar.  They are from Minnesota and these are the patterns I purchased from them!
Cheeri-O Bracelet 
Chinese Coin Bracelet
I have started on my Chinese Coin pattern and it is pretty quick to put one ring together, so hope to have the bracelet done by the end of the weekend.  I plan to play with my seed beads all weekend while we visit with Chris's family for Easter!  See you here next week!


No comments:

Popular Posts