Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Pictures from Geneva and Exciting News...

We love participating in the Art on the Green show in Geneva.  It is a very relaxed show and outdoors under the trees and shade, it is a wonderful place to spend a summer's day!  Patty Scarborough shared some of the pictures she took of us on Saturday, so I thought I would share them with you!
Me, shortly after setup is finished.  Patty was shooting pictures and I was trying to be invisible but she wouldn't allow it!  Turned out great though, with me under our Pixybug booth banner!  Chris has had "tent envy" for some time and we were able to purchase a new larger tent after we did the Cottonwood show.  This is the inaugural run for the tent, and I am SO not tall enough to help Chris put it up!  I had to stand on tip-toe several times during set up and tear down to reach what needed to be reached!  It is a very nice tent, and now instead of Chris envying other tents, ours is the one being admired!
Chris is always a big attention getter when he is doing torching demos at shows.
Chris brought his "beginner" torch set up (mapp gas torch) for the demos in Geneva, it doesn't require electricity to run his oxygen concentrator for his propane/oxygen mix torch.

We sold bracelets, buttons and marbles in Geneva.  Always interesting what sells at each show.  The week before it was earrings and custom orders, and at Cottonwood we sold a LOT of Chris's beads, marbles, and a few of my older jewelry designs.


EXCITING NEWS ALERT:

I have been "internet" friends with Kelli Burns from The Hole Bead Shoppe for several years.  We "met" after her husband, Michael, came across my blog using their Lucite in a design.  Kelli and I have chatted back and forth through email and now on Facebook.  I got to meet Kelli and Michael when I went to Tucson this year, and that was so fun!  Kelli has been redesigning her blog and asked for ideas of things we would like her to write about:
Kelli's Facebook post: 
"QUESTION/OPINION Needed: Going to take a trial run at my new blog this weekend...any suggestions for TOPICS? IDEAS? Check it out and give me your feedback - I NEED it. www. theholebeadshop . blogspot . com -"
My response:
"I would like you to write about what it takes to do a booth at a "big" show such as Tucson or Bead & Button. Everyone talks about going, but no one every writes about the behind the scenes what it takes to be there to sell."

And drum roll please: 
The Hole Bead Blog features the answers to my questions!  Stop by and check it out!

4 comments:

The Folk Art Tree said...

Looks like you had fun! And the tent is FAB!

Unknown said...

Thanks Pam!

Jen said...

Great setup, looks like a very fun time :-) I have tent envy!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen! It is a nice tent! If only I were about 5" taller! :0)

Popular Posts