Friday, June 3, 2011

Humor Needed ... Apply Within

I am reminded today of the book:
Source
I have a couple days that it seems everyone around me is grumpy and cranky.  This is starting to make me grumpy and cranky.  It is also giving me a stomachache.  When this happens, I know it is time to LAUGH, A LOT!  I need it desperately.  Yesterday, Lori Anderson wrote about her Very Bad Day and she used a picture of Calvin from "Calvin and Hobbes" (by Bill Watterson) having a tizzy.  I loved that she did that because it put Calvin back in my mind.  I LOVE that comic strip.  Own all the books, and they never fail to make me feel better.  So without further rambling on my part here are some to make you feel better too.
Always Loved that Hobbes wanted to smooch girls, and particularly, Susie (Calvin's arch enemy)

Yep, that sums it up.

Nothing better than the Twisted Snowmen sculptures Calvin made.  They always make me laugh.
I always enjoyed (having been an elementary teacher) the fact that Calvin completely submersed himself in his fantasy life, and then in the last frame of the comic, REALITY hit.
May your weekend be filled with warm and fuzzies.
I found my Calvin and Hobbes pictures here.

2 comments:

Pretty Things said...

When I was a teenager and young adult, I always said if I had a baby, I'd be cursed with a Calvin. I just... KNEW it. Knew. It.

And apparently, *I* am Calvin.

Unknown said...

We all can identify. I loved how Hobbes was his best friend, but secretly loved Susie. One of my favorites was when Susie kidnapped Hobbes, and he wasn't sure he wanted to go back to Calvin. Loved the ones when Hobbes would lie in wait for Calvin to come home from school.

Popular Posts