Friday, March 18, 2011

Winter Enchantment Gallery II now includes me!

My earrings are in the Artbeads Winter Enchantment Design Challenge Gallery! LOTS of gorgeous bead work! Stop over and check it out!

These were my selections for the Winter Enchantment Artbead Blog Partners Challenge.  We were asked to choose beads with a Winter theme.  I love Swarovski crystals for their sparkle (like the glittery snow). I chose a lovely selection of Swarovski crystals, tiny 1.5mm seed bead cubes in 2 colors and Tila double holed seed beads in 2 colors. Trust me this challenge was DEFINITELY a challenge.   I restarted the project FIVE times before I ended up with these~

I used sterling silver wire and twisted it starting with the wire in the hearts and added the Xilion pendants (look like tiny rivolis with a single hole in the top) in violet and aquamarine as I went up the stem.  I looped the wire for the earring hook and added more pendants as I wound my wire back to the top of the heart.  There on the last pendant, I curled the wire instead of cutting it off.

Even with all the issues I had with my designs not working, I love the way the earrings turned out!




Disclosure...As a reviewer of products at Artbeads.com, I received the Swarovski crystals, Tila seed beads, and tiny cube seed beads free of charge. I have been asked to review these products and give my honest opinion of the products...positive or negative. I am not being compensated by Artbeads.com for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.

No comments:

Popular Posts