Thursday, March 10, 2011

Artbeads Blog Partner "Winter Enchantment" Project

These were my selections for the Winter Enchantment Artbead Blog Partners Challenge.  We were asked to choose beads with a Winter theme.  I love Swarovski crystals for their sparkle (like the glittery snow). I chose a lovely selection of Swarovski crystals, tiny 1.5mm seed bead cubes in 2 colors and Tila double holed seed beads in 2 colors. Trust me this challenge was DEFINITELY a challenge.   I restarted the project FIVE times before I ended up with these~

I used sterling silver wire and twisted it starting with the wire in the hearts and added the Xilion pendants (look like tiny rivolis with a single hole in the top) in violet and aquamarine as I went up the stem.  I looped the wire for the earring hook and added more pendants as I wound my wire back to the top of the heart.  There on the last pendant, I curled the wire instead of cutting it off.

Even with all the issues I had with my designs not working, I love the way the earrings turned out!




Disclosure...As a reviewer of products at Artbeads.com, I received the Swarovski crystals, Tila seed beads, and tiny cube seed beads free of charge. I have been asked to review these products and give my honest opinion of the products...positive or negative. I am not being compensated by Artbeads.com for my endorsement as it pertains to the products received and reviewed.

2 comments:

I LOVE color! said...

Those are such lovely enchanting earrings, you could diffently wear those to the Queens Ball
Be Blessed

Anonymous said...

How pretty!

Popular Posts