Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Last night, I was invited by my good friend, Leslie, to an evening event at her church. It was a ladies salad supper with an very funny speaker afterwards. The gal that spoke is Sue Brown, who used to work for the extension service but now does motivational/entertaining speeches. The theme was laughter and health. She says that we need to laugh and smile at least 40 times each day. Sue said that we should keep a humor journal jotting down the things that make us smile, because we will forget them otherwise. She also talked about whether you are a 90/10 person or a 10/90 person, finding good 90% of the time or only finding it 10% of the time. We all know those 10/90 people! Her grandfather told her that it was our choice whether each day would be a great day or a lousy day. I came home after laughing hard for a half hour, and I was giddy. Chris and Mina were wondering what we drank at this supper because I was downright goofy! I made Mina laugh so hard about a squirrel that made a poor judgement call and ended up with his tail waving in the breeze, that she was crying. I got up this morning with the determination that it was going to be a GREAT day! Guess what? I made the sun shine today! Me all by myself! Yes, delusion does live in me, but I am going with it! My favorite quote from last night~“A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.” Have you smiled at any of this? My work here is done.

No comments:

Popular Posts