Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday Morning

Hello again! Just a few quick thoughts for you this Wednesday. As I wrote last time, we attended a funeral Monday for a college friend who lost his battle with cancer. Though we were very sad to lose Kevin, his funeral was very peaceful and soothing. The music chosen were the hymns "On Eagle's Wings" and "Hymn of Promise" and they were beautiful. The words of the songs caused some deep thinking for me and I will share some with you. I have death issues. My counselor says it is a control factor, and that due to problems in my past, I have to try to control things in the present because I had no control over what happened in my past. I fear dying and yet at the point in my life when I was closest to dying I was not afraid. (I had an ectopic pregnancy in which my fallopian tube ruptured and I lost two liters of blood in my abdomen. While in surgery a surgery to fix it, a surgical sponge was left inside me and it abscessed over the other ovary and fallopian tube. I was in the hospital for 10 days fighting infection that very nearly killed me.) The hymn of promise had a strong message for me, speaking of seeds that bloom in God's time and I see that so much in my life. I am not the same person I was before October of 1998. It has taken me many years to work my way through things that have happened, and with the help of my counselor Cindy, I feel I am in a very good place now. I still have a ways to go in dealing with a couple irritating issues in my life, but I feel more centered than I have in a long time. I realize this sounds very "new agey", but sometimes just having a person to talk to that is not personally involved in a situation really does help, and they can point out things that you can't see when you are bogged down in the feelings and turmoil. I am now stepping down from the soap box, and want to tell you that Mina had a fabulous birthday. On Sunday (we celebrated on Saturday) she opened a gift we held back for her, and at church everyone wished her happy birthday. She is now 10 and getting ready to take on the 5th grade. School starts August 14 for her, and I certainly don't know where the summer has gone. Chris is taking lampworking bead class on Saturday, so Mina and I will probably do some school shopping. Monday at the funeral, it was wonderful to see our friends and catch up on our lives. My good friend Doug is designing my business logo for me and had some lovely pixies drawn up to show me. I will show you as soon as he gets them finished up and sent to me. I can't wait! Thanks Doug!
P.S. I stayed up late last night (this am) and finished my Harry Potter book! I really enjoyed it and though I was sad that the characters did not all finish the story, I did enjoy spending time in the "lives" of some of my favorite people! It is so amazing when a story and author can flesh out a character to the point that you feel they are real and a part of your life! What's your favorite book?

No comments:

Popular Posts