Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Suncatchers and New Jewelry Designs



As promised, my new suncatcher designs.  Chris and I have been doing more collaborative pieces.  People tease me that I have a bead maker and don't use his beads in my jewelry.  The response to that is most of his beads sell themselves and I do my own thing.  It is fun to work together on designs though.  Wish the pictures weren't so dark and that you had sun sparkling through those huge crystals on the bottom of each suncatcher!

In other news, new jewelry is being produced at an amazing rate!  We have a month of back to back shows, so I am a crazy jewelry making woman!  Chris has even gotten into the act, working up some designs to sell and some designs for himself.  We drafted our beautiful daughter, Mina, as our jewelry model!

lampwork and leather
 Chris's lampwork, leather flowers with crystals and a variety of beads as the centers, and matte copper/brass chain/findings.  Really LOVE this, expect to see more like it!
 
turquoise do dangler
 When I started making these designs, I called them Swap-its as they are built on a lobster claw clasp that can attach to whatever chain works with your outfit.  Chris called them "do-danglers", which seems to have caught on more that the Swap-it name.  This "do-dangler" features Chris's lampwork and I made a pair of earrings to match (and use up extra beads).
Chris's new ankle bracelet with African trade beads and antique brass bells.
jelly beads bracelet (candy jade double strand bracelet, don't they look like jelly beans!)

sticks and silver bracelet
 These were some turquoise sticks brought back from Tucson.  Chris loved them on sight and he made this bracelet with simple sterling silver spacers between them.

picasso's turquoise (picasso jasper, sterling, and turquoise)
jelly bead earrings

gunmetal tweet (Chris's lampwork birdies, Lucite flowers and galvanized Lucite leaves from the Hole Bead Shop)
summer skies (chris's lampwork and Bali sterling silver beads)

flame on (Chris's coral spike bracelet)
Hope you enjoyed the beads, jewelry, and suncatchers!  I am sure we will have more to show you tomorrow!

Lori Anderson, Bead Soup Queen, is hosting a HUGE bead giveaway of the lovely purchases made at Bead and Button last week!  Be sure to stop over and sign up!

2 comments:

Margot Potter said...

Love the designs and the pics! My phone accidentally deleted your kind comment on my blog. Mostly it's user error! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Thanks! No, it was stalling on my end, love that seascape necklace and your wire work is fun and funky!

Popular Posts